Today, I’m talking about beauty insider programs, which you can sign up for through makeup stores to earn rewards and score freebies. I realized that I had signed up for quite a few of them and decided to make a list of the ones you should skip and the ones you should sign up for today!
- Beauty Insider
- Free to sign up, but they will flood your inbox
- Birthday gift: 2014 was mini Makeup Forever mascara and lipstick
- Free deluxe sample after spending $100: you get a high quality product, but dinky sized
- Seasonal promotions
- Same benefits of a beauty insider, but you must spend $350 to qualify
- Additional benefits: first dibs on new products, advance access to sales
- VIB Rouge
- Same benefits as above, but you must spend $1000 to qualify
- Additional benefits: free shipping, special surprise gifts and rouge events
Bottom line: Beauty Insider has some pretty cool benefits and if anything, you could always sign up for the free birthday gift, which you get in stores without spending a dime. If you already spend the amounts necessary for VIB or above, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t spend extra to gain those statuses, as the rewards don’t seem worth it.
- Free to sign up, but they will send you emails. Not as many as Sephora
- Free birthday gift: 2014 was full sized mascara
- For every dollar spent, you earn points. Once you’ve earned 100 points, you can redeem them for money off your next purchase. The more points you save up, the better the amount off your purchase is. Ex) 100 points =$ 3.00 off, if you use this for 5 different transactions your total is 500 points=$15.00 off. But if you wait to spend the 500 points all at once, you get $17.50 off.
- Same as regular, but you must spend $400 in a year
- Additional benefits: earn points faster (1.25 points for every $1 spent), two birthday gifts
Bottom line: The rewards aren’t that great, but again, the free birthday gift might make it worth it.
- Also free to sign up
- Earn $10 gift certificate, after spending $100
- Get free weekly gifts with a purchase of $35 (during select times)
- Get free birthday gift with a purchase of $35
- Get deluxe sample with any purchase of $35
Bottom line: This actually isn’t so bad if you regularly shop at Smashbox and spend $35+ per purchase. But you have to be realistic. This program calls for a lot of brand loyalty and isn’t worth it, if you aren’t a semi-regular Smashbox shopper.