Gloomy days call for bright makeup. Originally I wanted to do a sparkly eye look, but I’m getting on a plane later and I wasn’t sure if glitter eyeliner would set off the metal detector. No matter how low the chance, I don’t want to be that person whose eyeballs hold up the line. So without further ado, here is how I got this look:
- Prime: Use your primer to cover the entire eye area
- Apply Shadow on Lid: Pat a vanilla shade right on your lid. Then with a fluffy brush, work a medium brown color into your crease.
- Line the Lower Lashes: This is where it gets fun! Take a blue eyeshadow and with an angled brush, apply just to the outer corners of your lash line. Then take a purple eyeshadow and with the same brush, apply to the middle of your lash line. Blend just the edges of the two colors together. Finally, take a bright pink eyeshadow and apply the inner part of your lash line. Again, you just want to blend the edge of the pink with the edge of the purple
- Line the Upper Lash Line: Take a black liquid liner and trace a cat eye. For tips on evenly winged liner, see here.
- Finish With Mascara: Use liberally.
*All eyeshadows used were from an e.l.f palette.
So what do you think? Do you like it? Tell me your tricks for brightening up a gloomy day.
P.S.-That plane I said I’m getting on? I’m flying to my parents’ house for my dad’s birthday. At last glance, their computer was still broken and no, they are not modern enough for Wifi to bring my laptop. That means I won’t get to see you guys after I leave tonight for a whole week! Take care, my friends. I cannot wait to read your updates when I get back!
P.P.S.-I find it very difficult to take pictures of my own eye.