A bright, sunny day calls for a bright look. Let’s get started.
- Face: I’m in no position to tell anyone how to do their foundation, but since this look is for summer, personally, I used just a thin layer of semi-sheer foundation, no powder, no primer, etc.
- Eye Primer: Use eye primer to make the look last longer
- Base: You’ll want to use a white base. Personally, I didn’t have a proper white base on hand, so I used a white eyeliner pencil and filled in my lid and inner eye corner. Do not go into your crease with the base or your eye shadow will crease like crazy.
- Blue Eyeshadow: Now for the fun part! Take a bright, ever so slightly green toned blue and gently pat that onto your lid. The white base will really help get you that desired intensity here
- Brown Eyeshadow: Now with your fluffy eyeshadow brush, apply a light brown eyeshadow to your crease and gently blend with just the very upper edge of the blue to soften the line. This helps add definition to the eye.
- Black Eyeshadow: Now, with your black eyeshadow, trace your lower lash line. Extend that line you just drew up into the outer corner of your eyelid. Make a sideways V. The upper part of the V should start to go into the outer corner of your crease. The lower stem of the V should go onto the outer corner of your upper lash line. Blend well!
- Eyeliner: Take your liquid eyeliner and draw a medium-thin line on your upper lash line, with just a slight flick at the end. The eyeshadow is dramatic enough that this look doesn’t need bold eyeliner
- Mascara: Coat well.
- Lipstick: Almost done! To finish off this look, use a beige-nude lipstick.
- Ta-dah! A fun beachy look
Products I Used:
- Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation in Dim the Light
- Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeliner in White
- Elf Little Black Beauty Book Eyeshadow Palette
- Elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara*
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Nude Attitude*
*Tests on animals
FAIR WARNING: If you are going with the eyeliner as base look, I don’t recommend that you rock this look all day. For the first four hours, my eyeshadow was fine with no creasing. Then I went out and when I returned home another four hours later, I experienced major creasing. So done the way I suggest, this look lasts between 4-8 hours.