SPOILER ALERT: I’ve already graduated. Longer ago than I like to admit. But since some of my lovely readers are still in college (and maybe even high school), I wanted to share my top makeup tips for graduation. This is basically what I wish I would have known for either my high school or college graduation.
- If wearing foundation, matte is the way to go. Even if you luck out with the weather, being around hundreds or thousands of other bodies certainly produces heat and heat = super shiny face!
- On that note, a little pressed powder where you’re likely to experience shine goes a long way.
- Black robe washing you out? Bronzer and blush do their part to add color back into your skin. Just don’t go overboard.
- Speaking of things the graduation get up does, be sure to pick a hair style that won’t get smushed by your cap.
- It’s a long ceremony, keep your makeup fresh by using primer under your eyeshadow and treating your lips to a long lasting lipstick. I’m wearing OCC lip tar, but Wet n’ Wild megalast is a good, cheap choice.
- And finally, never underestimate the camera’s ability to wipe out the look of your makeup. Extra mascara and eyeliner keep eyes defined on film without having to create a dramatic look.
Those are my top tips. While we’re on the subject, who’s graduating this year? What are your top tips for graduation makeup and outdoor events?