No need to beat around the bush: Mondays suck. That’s why when Sunday night rolls around, I take the time to pamper myself before the long work week. Here’s my routine.
- After dinner, I settle into the couch and paint my nails. I only do my nails once a week so by this time, they are looking a bit chipped and gross.
- While I wait for my nails to dry, I peruse my favorite beauty blogs and Youtube gurus. Even though the office environment can be a bit limiting style-wise, there’s plenty of room for creativity even in an office appropriate look. Planning out which look I’ll choose for the next day, makes Monday seem not so terrible.
- After my nails finish drying, I slather on a face mask, like Lush’s Cupcake or Yes to Tomatoes. Then I go back to reading my blogs for ten minutes, because hey, I’m relaxing.
- Sometimes I like to take baths with one of Lush’s bath bombs. Those suckers are a bit on the expensive side, but boy are they worth it.
- Sundays I also like to use a deep conditioning mask for my hair. Lately I’ve been digging Arvazallia. It works wonders.
- I don’t like to fuss with my hair in the mornings so after the mask, I’ll either blow it out straight or let it dry in a fat braid so it looks neat for the next day.
- Then I snuggle up in my fuzzy robe and read a book or check out Facebook for the night. I feel pretty and ready for the work week.
Do you have a weekly relaxation routine? How do you get ready for Mondays? Let me know in the comments below!