Hello my lovely readers! Did you have a nice Memorial Day weekend? I hope all of you that work got Monday off and that everyone got to spend quality time with their loved ones. Now that it’s the unofficial start of summer, I thought I’d share my top summer beauty tips with you.
- Tanning is nice, but I think we can all agree that the sun is dangerous. No matter your complexion, protect your skin from sun cancer with sunscreen (preferably SPF 30 or higher).
- But hey, accidents happen, and some of us even get sunburn when we wear sunscreen. (Alabaster skin = blessing & curse.) Keep a tube of aloe vera gel in the fridge just in case.
- Summer heat making your skin extra oily? Switch to a deep cleanser and gel moisturizer, which is particularly good for keeping pores unclogged. Still not enough? Blotting paper is excellent to carry in your purse to mop up excess oil throughout the day.
- If you are anything like me, you about live in the pool during the summer months. Keep your hair from drying out with weekly deep conditioning treatments, like this one.
- If you’re blonde, chlorine has the extra risk of turning your hair green. Clarifying shampoo is your best friend. Use IMMEDIATELY after swimming in a pool. If you swim fairly often and must get your hair wet, also consider a swim cap.
- Okay, fun stuff. After ignoring my toe nails all winter, I make them sandal ready with a pop of red polish. Other summer favorites include bright pink and orange.
- Sun protection is your top priority, so try a foundation with SPF like this one.
- Hey, lips can burn too, so also check out lip balms with built in SPF.
- If you are out in the sun, a heavy makeup look can feel like it is about to melt right off. Switch it up with a lighter coverage routine.
- Finally, don’t let your mascara run! If you plan on getting in the water with makeup, make sure your mascara is waterproof.
So those are my top beauty tips for summer? What are yours? Are you enjoying the warmer seasons? Let me know in the comments below.