Happy Monday everyone. Thought I’d start off everyone’s week with a brand I (semi) recently discovered. Alba Botanica is a cruelty-free and vegetarian skin care line and their stuff is amazing! You can find them in drugstores, although it doesn’t seem like each store carries every product…yet. Anyway, I want to talk about the two products I have been loving lately, their ACNEdote Deep Pore Wash and Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer.
ACNEdote Deep Pore Wash
- What it Contains: 2% salicylic acid, which is the highest concentration you can find in stores, naturally derived from willow bark. It also contains witch hazel, which is great for deep cleaning
- Results: This is very nice. It really sucks the dirt out my pores much better than my previous cleanser. It can be a bit drying, but I find that the ingredients are more soothing than some other brands and that my skin looks less red and irritated because of it.
- Other Notes: The only real problem I have with this is that it is difficult to lather, which I find a bit annoying (but that’s personal preference anyway).
- Price: $10.45
Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer
- What it Contains: Refining aloe and green tea. Aloe soothes roughed-up skin, while green tea is associated with mild, positive effects on acne.
- Results: This is a light to medium weight moisturizer, perfect for a wide range of skin tones, excluding the very dry and very oily. Despite acne meds drying my skin out, this works well to rehydrate it without clogging up my pores.
- Other Notes: Oil-free is GREAT for acne-prone skin. Heck, if your pores clog up in the summer, I’d consider giving this a shot
- Price: $19.49, but I feel like I must have gotten it cheaper.
Final Notes: I said it before, but it’s worth repeating: Cruelty-free and works well 🙂
So, what are your thoughts? Have you tried Alba Botanica? What is your go-to skin care brand? Let me know in the comments below!