Hello blogging world friends, if you follow my Twitter, you probably got a sneak preview of this look. It’s been a while since my last tutorial, so I thought I’d do a makeup look that’s bright and fun. Green eyeshadow gets a bad rap sometimes, but I think it can be playful and cute if you add some dimension to the look. This was inspired by this video by Makeup by Eman, but I tweaked it a little to suit me better. Hope you enjoy.
- Use a primer on your eyes to lock in your eyeshadow.
- Use a white base to make your bright colors really pop. I’m using this one from Nyx, that I reviewed last week. I’m only applying this on my lid, where most of the bright colors will go and not on my crease.
- With a fluffy brush dust a medium-light brown shadow into your crease and really blend it out.
- Next, pat a bright green shade all over the base on your lid.
- Use that same green shadow to line all under your eyes
- Next, take a medium-dark brown shade and go over the outer v of your eye. Use that same shade to line the outer half of your lower lash line
- Now to add a little dimension, take a bright blue and lightly dust it right in the corner between the outer v dark brown shade. If you’re not sure what I mean, Eman also does this step in the video linked above.
- Now I’m taking a shimmery yellow and applying it to my inner eye corner, the inner part of my lid over the green and on my brow bone.
- I’m using a thin streak of liquid liner for the top lashes
- Finishing with mascara
Well there you have it. Hope you’ve enjoyed. Have you played around with any bright colors recently? Do you get inspired by Youtube beauty gurus? Let me know in the comments below.