Happy Monday! I want to start out by saying that I don’t normally emulate Kylie Jenner’s beauty routine. At 17, she is younger than some of the students I teach so it feels a little weird to try to copy her style. That said, it’s nearly impossible to escape the obsession with her lips and it’s time I heeded the demands to answer this important question. How do you get her signature lip color? Internet reports that she uses Mac’s Whirl, but for us girls with pale skin, using this color does not have the same effect. So what did I use? Keep reading to find out.
- I’m starting off with Nyx lip liner in Nude Pink. This is similar to Whirl, but being slightly lighter and pinker makes it more flattering for those of us with alabaster skin
- Using this lip liner, I’m going just barely, barely, slightly outside my natural lip line. Kylie claims to overdraw her lips (others claim it’s the lip injections), but I think the super overdrawn lip look is *cough* whack. I’m then filling in my entire lip with the liner.
- Now I’m taking a slightly browner lip liner and tracing around the outside of my lips
- Using the Nyx Nude Pink, I’m going back over that brown line, softening it up and blending it in.
- I’m leaving my bottom lip liner and teensy bit more noticeable, because that’s what I see Kylie do. It doesn’t look so obvious in person without the zoom camera and the lighting, haha!
- Then I’m slightly parting my lips for the perfect pouty lip pose 😉
Well that’s it. I actually rather like this look. I’m writing mostly here about getting the right color. If you want to know how to get her full, full lips, there are MANY tutorials all over the internet.
Have you tried a makeup look from a celebrity you don’t particularly admire? How do you like this look? Do you think I adjusted the color well for paler skin? Let me know in the comments below!