Happy, happy Monday everybody! On Thursday, I asked if anyone had any post requests (along with asking if anyone wanted to collaborate–emailed the first 9 people and I will try work something out with everyone else). One of the requests came from the brilliant Lena, who requested tips for keeping hair healthy in the winter. So here we have it: My top tips for healthy winter hair.
- If you haven’t already, invest in a humidifier. All that warmth from your heater is just sucking the moisture out of the air. Time to add it back in.
- Silk pillowcases. Yes, it sounds a bit luxurious, but it has its upsides. Hair is less likely to get damaged than when using a cotton pillowcase.
- Wind proof your hair. As if the wind isn’t bad enough for your style, it’s probably knotting your hair up, which no one likes. Try wearing a hat or tying your hair back on your commute.
- I almost didn’t want to say this, because it’s a bit obvious, isn’t it? Switch to a deep conditioner. Other great options include a leave in conditioner or a hair mask in addition to your current routine. This should stop hair from looking dull and feeling dry.
- Dandruff shampoo–even if you don’t need it at any other point in the year, you might need it now. Look for shampoos with zinc and sulphur to keep flakes away.
- And finally, never leave the house with wet hair. Seriously, wet curls can get mega crunchy.
So there you have it: my top tips for keeping hair in tip top condition during these winter months. What are your tips for taking care of your hair in the winter. Let me know in the comments below!