Hiya babes. Today I wanted to do a tutorial on getting 1940s curls, as well as a mini tutorial on how to use this KISS InstaWave contraption. Wanna see how I got this look? Keep reading.
About Kiss InstaWave: The KISS InstaWave is a fully automatic tangle-free curler. It features a left-right curl dial so that you can curl your hair towards or away from your face. It has a safety feature which means it automatically shuts off after 90 minutes, as well as a high and low setting with a maximum temperature of 420 degrees. According to KISS InstaWave, it is: “Easy for anyone to use, from any angle, with any hand.”
- Start by sectioning off your hair into two sections: top and bottom. Pin the top half of your hair up and out of the way.
- Grab a thicker section of your hair from the bottom half of your head
- Hold InstaWave vertically and place the section of hair on the curling wand
- Curl your hair away from your face by touching the curl dial (you will push it either left or right depending on the side of your head you’re working on)
- Hold 30 seconds for tight curls (if you want looser curls, hold for less time–KISS InstaWave recommends 5-10 seconds for normal curls)
- Pull InstaWave down vertically, letting hair out
- By putting your finger straight through the center of the curl, push it flat against your head and pin. This will keep the curl tight as it cools
- Repeat for entire bottom section
- Unpin top section and repeat with smaller sections of hair
- Let hair cool completely—I usually take this time to do my makeup
- After hair is cooled completely, unpin and slightly tousle
Well, there you have it. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you’d like to see more hair tutorials, let me know.
*Product sent for consideration