Good morning, beauties! Today I have a special treat for you. I teamed up with Maria from Cat Eyes Red Lips to bring you this flower inspired look. Maria is one of the first bloggers I followed after joining WordPress, and I’ve always wanted to collaborate with her. She is the queen of bright, bold looks. So without further ado, let’s get to the look.
The Inspiration: I’m obsessed with purple and blue orchids. I don’t think they are naturally colored that way, but whatever. I like what I like. Sorry that I don’t have a source for this image. Found it on Pinterest.
My Look: I really like the deep blue and purple tones of these flowers, but I thought just straight up doing these colors would be harsh on my pale skin in broad daylight. Instead, I opted for lighter versions of these colors, but still keeping the same brightness. Here’s what I did.
- Nyx white base all over my eyelid to make the bright colors really pop
- A shimmery, almost turquoise blue eyeshadow all over the lid
- A pinkish purple eyeshadow in my crease. I went higher up than usual, almost to my brow bone, to make sure the color really stood out.
- Dark blue eyeshadow in my outer “v”
- A thin line of bright blue eyeshadow on my lower lash line
- A thin line of liquid eyeliner with a baby wing. You can go thicker if you want, but I really wanted the eyeshadow colors to come through.
I really love how this look turned out. Although I still bring my bright eyeshadows out sometimes for a night out, I haven’t worn such bright eyeshadow in the daytime in years. And I think it made me look a little younger–heck yes! Be sure to check out Maria’s look and let me know what you think in the comments below. Kisses!