Happy Monday and a big thank you to everyone who followed this challenge! I really appreciated all the kind comments, especially from the people who commented day after day. I know personally, I would have run out of things to say if I were following someone doing this challenge, so it really means a lot that so many of you commented nearly every day. Thank you!
Today’s challenge was all about the cheeks, aka, all about blush. Forgive the photos, as cameras don’t always pick up the true color of things. In real life, my cheeks were about as bright as they could go without passing into clown territory. For this look, I thought it would be fitting if I used the blush Sweet Pink from Too Faced. Sweet Pink is a bright, matte pink color which is surprisingly wearable.
Since I might have suspected beforehand from the Glowing Skin day that my blush might not show up how I wanted on camera, I decided to get a little creative with the eyes. I created a daytime smoky eye look that was gray with a hint of pink. From the Naked 3 palette, I used Strange all over my lid and Dust on the brow bone. I blended a darker gray color from my elf palette and Limit from Naked 3 into my crease. Finally, I used a combination of smudged black liner and black eyeshadow along my upper lash line to create that hazy, smoky effect. Finished with a neutral lip.
- Too Faced blush in Sweet Pink
- Naked 3 palette
- elf gray and black eyeshadow
- Black pencil liner
- Wet n Wild brown pencil in Mink
- Nyx lip liner in Natural Pink
- Wet n Wild Balm Stain in Nudist Colony
Now that the challenge is finished, I have a few final thoughts:
- Take approximately 100000000000 selfies for every 1 you plan to actually post
- Lighting is everything
- Makeup in the photo is not always as it appears in real life
- Angles that are the most flattering for your face are often the ones that are most likely to obscure the details of your eyeshadow
- Serious makeup selfies are hard!
Here are links to all the other looks I have done for this challenge
- Red Lips
- Gilded Lids
- Glowing Skin
- One Eyeshadow
- Retro Liner
- Vampy Lips
- Smoked Liner
- Touch of Purple
- Shimmer and Sparkle
- Sweet Cheeks
Now that the challenge is done, which look is your favorite? Will you replicate this challenge? Let me know in the comments below!