Vanessa’s Note: Today I’m luck to have the lovely guest blogger, Deirdre. I hope you will all check out her blog (after you’re done reading here of course)
First of all I’d like to thank Vanessa for the amazing opportunity to write on an article her blog.
Now, I’d like to talk to you about some products and the multiways I like to use them. Let’s get started!
Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells eyeshadow palette is an amazing makeup product and its white shade is perfect for lots for purposes.
1. The common way to use this palette is to apply the rosy shade all over the mobile lid, the brown shade in the crease and the white shade in the inner corner of the eye and the browbone. This way of using it gives you a nice daytime appropriate look.
2. I also like to take the white shade and use it on my cheekbones as I’m so pale and the shimmer from this shade is perfect for the task.
3. Another way to use this shade is all over the mobile lid. I like to do this when I want to put over it a bright color to make it pop or on its own with a nice matte crease shade to make my eyes look open and “alive”.
MAC Prep and Prime Fix + – I know that lots of beauty bloggers talked about this product and for good reason which is why I liked to include it in my list.
1. You can use it as setting mist before and after your makeup application, especially on these hot summer days. I was amazed the first time I applied it this way because my makeup lasted 6 hours me more than usual.
2. If you keep it in the fridge you can spray your face with it through the day and it will be refreshing and will also prolong your makeup.
3. You can enhance your shimmery eyeshadows if they’re poor in the payoff department or you prefer a more metallic look by simply spraying the brush a little bit with this product.
4. If you applied too much powder and you look a bit cakey or too matte, you can spray this product all over your face and it will give you a nice glow.
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – it’s a cosmetic sponge made by Samantha Chapman from Pixiwoo. Most people consider it a dupe for the well-known Beauty Blender.
1. You can use its flat part (damp) and apply fondation for an uniform and lighter application. This technique also gives a dewy finish to the skin.
2. You can use the pointy tip (damp) to apply concealer under those hard-to-reach places like under your eyes, your nose and also to correct the eyeshadow if you blended it too far.
3. You can use the curved part (damp) to apply mousse and liquid blushes. If you applied too much of them you can always use again the sponge with the part you applied fondation with to tone down the color on your cheeks.
4. You can use the sponge (dry) with powder to set your makeup in place.
Powder 2 shades darker – as I said before I’m quite fair and I can’t find a bronzer that suits me 100% and doesn’t look muddy on my skin. If you’re like me and you don’t want to spend lots of time searching for the right bronzer for you, here’s a tip: use a powder you like with 2 tones darker than your natural color. It’s inexpensive and it works like a charm.
That’s all from me, guys! I hope you’ve found this post helpful or at least fun to read.
You can find me writing my weekly blog posts here: https://deirdrelestrange.wordpress.com and also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deirdrelestrange and Instagram: https://instagram.com/notjustmakeup_ (username: notjustmakeup_).
Have a great day,