Good morning(ish). I hope all my American blogging friends are enjoying the holiday weekend. It’s been a while since I did a tag post. I like getting to know other bloggers personally, so these are always fun for me. I previously did a Get to Know Me post with different questions, hence the Again in the title. I hope you enjoy reading these and let me know if you do this yourself!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally indecisive. When I was born it was curly, then it went completely straight until puberty, in which it went wavy, but lately it’s been turning into a straighter and straighter wave.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I love doing my hair myself, probably because I have an unreasonable expectation that the internet can tell me how to get salon quality hair color. Right now though, my hair is it’s natural color (including the premature grays!)
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
So if you saw my 10 Day Makeup Challenge
, you’ll see that I mostly wear the same style, but I switch it up maybe once or twice a week.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I’ve never been to a salon to get my nails done!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I paint my nails about once a week and that’s when I’ll change the color, although I will get stuck on one color for several weeks in a row if I really like it.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
The polish on my toe nails tends to last forever. So I’ll polish them in the fall and that will last through most of the winter. Odd, I know.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
It really depends. I’d say on average, 20 minutes. Sometimes it’ll be 5 minutes and other times when I’m going out at night, I’ll really take the time and pamper myself and try out new looks. When I want to pamper myself, it can take up to an hour.
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I don’t wear much on my face besides concealer normally. Usually, I’ll prime my eyes, do the concealer while the primer sets and then go back to my eyes.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I definitely own more than I need, so I guess that makes me a collector, haha! But again, it depends. I “collect” lipsticks and eyeshadows, but generally only use one concealer, mascara, eyeliner at a time and replace them when they run out.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Rarely. They’re too formal for every day, so I’ll wear them for a special occasion every few months.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
No, I usually just do my eye makeup (this is so fun for me!) and sometimes lips. If I’m not liking how my skin is looking, I’ll use a tinted moisturizer or bronzer, but that’s as close to full face as it gets for me. Does this make me a bad beauty blogger?
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
To lay around the house? No, as much as I would practice my makeup skills on my own, your skin needs time to breathe, so if I’m staying in the house, I’ll take the day off from makeup.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes, more than I have in the past, actually. I don’t like to go to work without makeup, because I feel like makeup makes me look more polished, but I will go out to breakfast or shopping without makeup.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I don’t want to count!
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
Sometimes I’ll think about it the night before, but generally I decide when I’m getting dressed.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
I have one handbag that I use all the time for most occasions, but I’ll use a smaller or bigger one depending on where I’m going and how necessary it is. For instance, when I know I’ll be out the entire day, I want something light. If I’m going to a wedding and think a change of shoes might be in order, I go for a bigger bag.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I wish I were more consistent with this answer. I generally wake up around 7 am and go to bed between 10:30 and 11.
18. How often or when do you workout?
I work out every Monday and Friday. It’s really helped to keep to a set schedule.
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
5’9″ Tall girls represent!
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I took French in high school, but in general *cough* no. English is the only language I’m fluent in.
22. How many pets do you have?
None or 4, depending on how you count it. My fiance and I don’t have any of our own, but my parents have 4 cats which they got when I was a teen, so I still count them as mine.
23. How often are you on Blogger?
I’m on WordPress a lot.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes, especially if it’s a topic I’m interested in.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
No, although I see a lot of reviews and think “I have to try that!”
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I thought of 3 relatively clever titles and when they were taken already, I thought of 3 more, then when they were taken, I started to get desperate and this is what I came up with. It was like a bad flashback to trying to get an email address in the 90s. You mean KandyKaneKid1972353 is taken too?
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I use this FujiFilm digital camera I got for Christmas 2008 or an Iphone. I hate to say it, but I don’t own any other digital cameras.
28. How often do you clean your house?
I generally try to do a little every day. Making the bed and picking up odds and ends happens every day, scrubbing the bathroom is every week or so, ditto for vacuuming, and dusting as needed.
29. What’s your favorite color?
Depends on my mood. Yesterday it was lemon yellow, today I’m feeling powder blue. In general though, I go for pastels and jewel tones.
30. Do you swear?
Too much. I never swear when I’m mad, but I have a bad habit of dropping it into casual conversations.
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Good question. We’ll see where today takes me.
Enough about me! What are you doing with your weekend? Or if you have Labor Day off, your nice, long weekend? Let me know in the comments below!